Home Forums Fan Forum Whats You're All-Time Dodgers Team Look Like?

• Whats You're All-Time Dodgers Team Look Like?

Shark updated 1 week, 6 days ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Shark

February 9, 2020 at 10:29 am

Rugged with a Hollywood swag. Different eras, man. Different styles of play are entrenched throughout the legend of baseball. We’ve gotten to the point in that legend where stadiums and front office execs mirror each other. They both go berserk for the strikeouts and they both go berserk for home runs. Everything else seems to not matter as much. Yet, I’d bet stealing home in the World Series would bring upon an unparalleled energy in today’s game. When time travel’s invented, I’m going to 1955 to see Jackie Robinson accomplish that. I’m going to 2011 to get Matt Kemp’s MVP trophy. I’m going to 1981, 1988. I’m going to a Sandy Koufax perfect game. I’m constructing a ballclub right now. All Dodgers. All-time.

I’ve got Jackie Robinson, the man to break the race barrier in baseball, batting leadoff and playing 2B. His number 42 is retired in every ballpark in the majors. Everyone wears that number on April 15th, Jackie Robinson Day. The National League Rookie of the Year award is named after him. 6 time All-Star. 1949 MVP. 1955 World Series champ. Hall of Famer.

Batting 2nd is SS Pee Wee Reese, Robinson’s double play partner. 10-time All-Star. 1955 WS champ. Hall of Famer.

In the 3-hole, I’ve got CF Matt Kemp. Robbed of an MVP in 2011, Kemp is one of my favorite Dodgers of all-time. I was able to see him hit multiple game-winning and walk-off home runs. I know the Duke may be on a lot of your lineups but I believe the 3-time All-Star, 2-time Gold Glover, and 2-time Silver Slugger would give me more in his prime.

Batting cleanup is the legendary 2009 version of LF Manny Ramirez. 53 games. 53 RBIs. 17 home runs. A slash line of .396/.489/.743. OPS of 1.232.

Another power hitter lays in the 5-spot. RF Cody Bellinger is the reigning MVP and 2017 ROY. In 3 years, he has 2 All-Star appearances, an NLCS MVP, a Silver Slugger, and oh yeah, a Gold Glove.

6th in the lineup, we’ve got 3B Adrian Beltre. Growing up, Beltre was one of my favorite Dodgers. Maybe it’s because he hit 48 homers, brought in 121 runs, and scored another 104 in a dominant 2004 season, in which he ended up 2nd in the MVP race.

Batting 7th and manning 1B is Steve Garvey. An 8-time All-Star with the Dodgers, 1981 WS champ and 4-time Gold Glover stabilizes this dream lineup. It’s atrocious the 1978 NLCS MVP can’t get into the Hall of Fame.

The man behind the plate and final position player is C Roy Campanella. 8 All-Star appearances in 10 seasons with Brooklyn. 3 MVPs in a 5 year span! This guy was the truth and the key component in the 1955 World Series run.

I don’t know if I can choose 1 SP for this fictional lineup. Maybe we play 2 games so maybe we need 2 starters. I’m going with Clayton Kershaw & Sandy Koufax. Kershaw, the 2014 NL MVP and 3-time Cy Young Award winner, is often compared to Koufax, who also won an MVP and 3 Cy Young’s. Koufax has 7 All-Star appearances to Kershaw’s 8. Both have won the NL ERA title 5 times (lowest ERA out of qualified pitchers). Kershaw has career ERA of 2.44 and a WHIP (Walks and Hits per Innings Pitched) of 1.01. Koufax, respectively, carries numbers of 2.76 and 1.11. Koufax, though, has 3 WS titles (1959, 1963 and 1965), winning MVP honors in the latter two.

So there you have it. Whats your team look like?

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now