Home Forums Fan Forum What's Your Opinion On The Angels Calling Themselves "Los Angeles"?

• What's Your Opinion On The Angels Calling Themselves "Los Angeles"?

dodgeryard created 5 months, 3 weeks ago 9 Members · 11 Posts
  • dodgeryard

June 10, 2019 at 5:07 pm

A few years ago, the Angels changed their name to the “Los Angeles Angels.” They no longer even have the word “Anaheim” in their name. As a Dodger fan, how do you feel about the Angels calling themselves “Los Angeles”?

It seems like most fans are bothered by it, but there is also plenty of fans who don’t seem to care at all. What side or you on? And why?

• mino1

June 10, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Makes me mad!!! Who else does this?

• thomas-westrup

June 10, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Never recognized it. I still call them the California Angels

• dodgeryard

June 10, 2019 at 8:12 pm

That’s a good plan. I still call them Anaheim.

• jimmy-alcaraz

June 11, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Clearly their objective to build their fan base worked. Did you see their attendance yesterday? Oh, wait……it was mostly the TRUE LA team representing!

• andy-hughes

June 11, 2019 at 6:53 pm

I have always called them the Anaheim Aardvarks of California. 😆

• trapper9

June 11, 2019 at 7:54 pm

There was nothing wrong with The California Angels. They should go back to those uniforms too. Red is so overplayed.

• jessica

June 12, 2019 at 1:37 pm

I’ve always hated it. To me Anaheim is not LA. Almost every Angels fan I have come across has still called them Anaheim as well. It’s a dumb name.

• dane

June 12, 2019 at 7:17 pm

The only good thing about it is when we play them we get to correctly use the “Beat L.A.” chant during a game.

• harrison

June 13, 2019 at 8:01 pm

I am on the side of Jessica. Anaheim is no more Los Angeles than Riverside is. It is all about marketing though and I don’t believe it is working. I hate the Ducks and the Angels no matter what they call themselves.

• thomas-westrup

June 14, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Love it when the Doyers wear their Los Angeles road jerseys when they play the California Angels

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now