Home Forums Fan Forum What should the Dodgers do with Kiké Hernandez?

• What should the Dodgers do with Kiké Hernandez?

MidWestDodger updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • i_am_tired_

March 3, 2020 at 4:33 pm

With Kiké Hernandez entering the 2020 season which is his final year on his contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers. It makes me wonder what will happen to him after this season. Kiké has had some amazing moments while being with us.

My favorite Kiké moment was his 3 HR game in the 2017 NLCS game 5. Which the Dodgers would win and send themselves to the *2017 World Series. He tied the record for most HRs in a game in a championship series. He’s the fourth player in MLB history to do that in a championship series. The last time that happened before Kiké did it was by Adam Kennedy. Who was on the Angels when he did it in the 2002 ALCS. Also, Kiké had a 2 HR game against former Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner on Jackie Robinson Day in 2016.

I personally love Kiké and would really love it if they re-signed him after this season. Now, I know that the Dodgers keeping him would block up playing time for other players. Players like Gavin Lux and Chris Taylor. Lux is going to be our everyday second baseman going forward. Although, I’m not that sold on Lux he will be our starting second baseman for many years.

What will the Dodgers do with Kiké? Well, I thought of three different things they could do.

First, they could re-sign him. As of right now he is getting $5.9M for this season from arbitration. Which I think is a bit too much for him.

Second, they could let him walk. In other words they could not re-sign him and let him become a free agent and let him go to a different team.

And third, they could trade him this season. I don’t really see this actually happening but, if they plan to let him go. Why not get something for him in return? Instead of letting him walk and just losing him. They could trade him before this year’s All-Star break and get a decent player or decent prospects.

Which option would you choose and, why? What should the Dodgers do with Kiké?

• MidWestDodger

March 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm

The way he has started the spring he’s playing like he wants to start at second base. I expect him to be the normal utility guy this year and then the Dodgers not to re-sign him next winter

• i_am_tired_

March 3, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Why do you think that will happen?

• MidWestDodger

March 4, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Just think he will cost more than the dodgers want to pay

• scottwarner18

March 3, 2020 at 7:03 pm

KEEP HIM. Best utility player ever.

• its_ash

March 3, 2020 at 11:17 pm

Putting aside personal feelings, I really hope they re-sign him next season. Besides having decent numbers at the plate, he’s also phenomenal defensively. He’s proven to play pretty much anywhere (though he’s said he doesn’t want to try catching) which is at least three more positions than Chris Taylor. Don’t get me wrong, I like Taylor too. If we didn’t have Pollock or Pederson (who I can still see being traded this season if the opportunity arose), keeping both Kiké & CT3 occupied in spots would be easier.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now