Home Forums Fan Forum What are your thoughts on Jansen?

• What are your thoughts on Jansen?

trapper9 updated 6 months ago 6 Members · 8 Posts
  • dodgeryard

June 15, 2019 at 9:28 pm

After a few games of Jansen looking like his old self he struggled in tonight’s game hitting Kris Bryant to put the tying run on base and then giving up a home run to Anthony Rizzo which gave the Cubs the lead and the win.

So what’re your thoughts on Jansen? Just a bad game or has this become normal for Jansen?

• scottwarner18

June 15, 2019 at 9:31 pm

I’m incredibly concerned.

• Anonymous

June 15, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Overall I am concerned with our whole bullpen situation but I do expect him to close out a game in a scenario like this. Our boys in blue need to rely on eachother to come out with a win and that means Jansen has to be near perfect.

• dodgeryard

June 16, 2019 at 1:00 am

Agreed. I think everyone in the fan base feels like he has to shut down these moments.

• thomas-westrup

June 15, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Well I was getting ready to post about how it was time to shut our mouths about Kenley not being an elite closer…..right when Rizzo parked one in the visitors bully. Oh the embarrassment!!

• melisa-w

June 16, 2019 at 12:58 am

I am INSANELY concerned. The only person I honestly trust in the bull pen is Baez. Everyone else has messed up. This is a problem. Kelly is getting back but that is two huge mistakes in a row for Kenley. This needs to be addressed immediately. We might not have had a problem though if we could’ve gotten more run support 🤷🏼‍♀️

• dodgeryard

June 16, 2019 at 1:01 am

It’s been tough for sure and sucks that a lot of the pieces are all struggling at the same time. Offense definitely could have given the bullpen and Buehler more run support.

• trapper9

June 16, 2019 at 10:57 am

It was just a bad game. The problem wasn’t the home run. That’s happening a lot these days. And Rizzo is a good hitter.

The problem was hitting Bryant. Can’t put people on base for free, walks or hbp or errors in relief. I know Bryant gets out of the way of baseballs as much as Utley did, but still, You gotta have better control than that.  He said he couldn’t hit his location even in the bullpen yesterday. That is a problem.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now