Home Forums Fan Forum What Are The Dodgers Going To Do About The Bullpen?

• What Are The Dodgers Going To Do About The Bullpen?

dodgeryard created 5 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 7 Posts
  • dodgeryard

June 10, 2019 at 10:57 pm

It seems like any time the Dodgers lose a game like this it’s due to the bullpen. Granted the offense didn’t do so great with runners in scoring position, but they’ve been much better than the bullpen all season long. There’s been talk from the front office that they expect things to turn around which can always happen but right now it seems impossible. So if you were in control of the Dodgers what would you do about this bullpen?

• oranjebruin

June 10, 2019 at 11:26 pm

I generally tend to be “negative” and “pessimistic” as a fan, but I’m actually taking an attitude this time of trusting Friedman with this and being patient. He’s made significant trades before (Darvish, Machado), and he’s also made other impactful moves (Hill, Watson, Cingrani, etc.).

I think he’s willing to trade with San Francisco (Will Smith), and Farhan is willing to trade with us, but it’ll be a matter of if SF ownership vetoes any trade to the Dodgers. Brad Hand at Cleveland is an obvious target (1.70 FIP), especially if Minnesota continues to win baseball games, making Cleveland more likely to sell.

As for what to do with the current guys… Floro needs to be sent to OKC yesterday. But Stripling has been improving, Urias will get better, Garcia isn’t a tire fire anymore, Baez is still mostly good overall, and Kenley, while not where he was in 2016-17, is still in the top tier in xBA, xwOBA, and xSLG. With Kelly, we paid him too much, so we are stuck with him. I’m willing to take a bit more time to be patient and see where things fall into place. We still have the best record in the NL by 6.5 games.

• jessica

June 12, 2019 at 1:44 pm

I agree that Friedman would’ve been willing to trade with the giants but Farhan showed his hand talking about a willingness to trade if that meant weakening the farm of the Dodgers. Now if I am Friedman I am wondering if Farhan is going to high ball me… I definitely want Brad Hand or Sean Dolittle as options.

• Anonymous

June 10, 2019 at 11:39 pm

The Dodgers clearly need a RHP. Love Floro, but he’s toast out there. These big right handed bats continue to destroy us year after year. Ken Giles is the main priority for me. He throws hard, wouldn’t have to close and has insane reverse splits where left handed batters can barely touch him as well. As a 2nd piece I would def love to see a Will Smith or Watson as well, though I think we can count on Urias to be clutch. The main priority is a nasty 8th inning right handed arm because Floro and Kelly just aint it. Stripling seems like good and fair trade bait

• harrison

June 13, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Stripling will be used for trade bait. I still think Kelly will turn this joke of a season around. We can’t trade him so we might as well try and get him out of this funk he is in. Take his girlfriend/wife away from him for a few weeks and see what happens. I would like to see Smith here but on the same token I don’t want to overpay the damn Giants. In Friedman we trust because we have no other choice. I believe this team can win a World Series this year. I believe and am drinking the koolaid. Here’s to hoping we land Hand or Giles or Smith. Any of those three would be great. I agree we need a right handed.

• harrison

June 13, 2019 at 8:21 pm

I am not any good dreaming up trades so I won’t even bother. What would you be willing to give up for Smith?

• harrison

June 13, 2019 at 9:11 pm

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I am not any good dreaming up trades so I won’t even bother. What would you be willing to give up for Smith?</p>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now