Home Forums Fan Forum Want To Win A $100 Gift Card For StubHub? Closed

Tagged: 

• Want To Win A $100 Gift Card For StubHub? Closed

dodgeryard created 5 months, 3 weeks ago 31 Members · 32 Posts
  • dodgeryard

June 11, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Everyone becomes a Dodger fan for their own reason, and we want to know yours! We’re giving away a $100 gift card to StubHub to one fan who shares their story on how they became a fan and what it means to them!

So share your story with us by replying to this post, and you will automatically be entered to win the gift card! We can’t wait to read everyone’s stories!

Winner will be chosen on June 17th before the Dodger game against the Giants.

doyers-LA

• This discussion was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  dodgeryard.
  • trapper9

June 11, 2019 at 7:50 pm

I became a fan in 1969. I was 4. I watched a game at my grandmother’s house. I remember Willie Davis hit a comebacker to the mound and beat the throw to first. I remember Vin Scully’s excitement calling the play got me hooked. My first game at Dodger Stadium was in 1974. I remember how breathtaking it was walking into the stadium and seeing how green the grass was under the lights, and how stark the White and Blue was on the Dodgers uniforms. Jimmy Wynn was in centerfield and hit a homerun that landed 2 rows behind me in RF Pavillion. It was vs,. The Cardinals and it was Keith Hernandez’ 2nd career game. (I found that out later)

• francisco

June 12, 2019 at 12:05 pm

As a young kid, I remember most people around me being fans of the Dodgers. I thought the Dodgers were the best team in the world and no one could compare or even change my mind. With that said, my biggest influence in becoming a Dodgers fan was my oldest brother. He is significantly older than me (13 years) so when I was 5 years old, he was starting college. I remember him talking about going to Dodger games with his buddies and that made me wanted to go. To me, the Dodgers were cool because my brother likes them and all of his college buddies went to games. But my fandom was solidified when my brother went to a game when I was roughly 6 years old and he brought me a ball with the Dodgers logo on one side and the image of Mike Piazza stamped on the other. As a kid it was the coolest thing and I cherished that ball. Since then, I have always rooted for the Dodgers! I am now 29 years old a d still rooting for my Dodgers.

• scottwarner18

June 11, 2019 at 8:40 pm

Been a fan since I took my first breath. Amen.

• rebekah

June 11, 2019 at 8:47 pm

I don’t remember not being a fan. My first real memory is the 81 World Series & I’ve been hooked from the start. I’d say my grandpa was my biggest influence & now Dodgers are just life.

• aliciapaige

June 11, 2019 at 8:53 pm

I became a dodger fan when I was born my first outfit was a dodger onies. Since than born and raised and still a die hard fan. Youngest of 4 brothers the only girl so I know everything there is to know from the start in Brooklyn to now. GO DODGERS! 💙

• angie

June 11, 2019 at 9:06 pm

I’ve been a Dodgers’ fan ever since I was a little kid. My dad taught us how to bleed blue. My dad played baseball and showed my brothers’ and  I how to play. He was my coach all the 10 years I played softball. When I think of Dodgers baseball I think of all the memories I have with my dad. (Going to games, singing take me out to the ball game and he’d always buy me something from the stadium) I bleed blue because he bleeds blue. And also because the dodgers are the best team in baseball 🙂

• i_am_tired_

June 11, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Most of my family are die-hard dodger fans. So I was born into it. I would watch every Dodgers games with my mom. When I was young (4-6 years old) and if one of our guys were batting I’d try to mimic their batting stance. I would do the same thing with our pitchers and their pitching forms. I didn’t go to my first game until I was 10-11 years old. I just remember driving up to the stadium. I was speechless on how amazing it felt to finally see this beautiful stadium in person. My favorite dodgers memory will always be Kershaw’s no-hitter. Although I wasn’t actually at the game. I yelled so much that I lost my voice watching that game from my living room. It will be my favorite dodgers moment until we win the World Series.

• kelly

June 11, 2019 at 9:28 pm

My Dad was born and raised in Burbank and grew up growing to Dodger games.  My grandma had a friend who worked for Sinatra and when no one was using his box her friend would give out the seats once in a while.  My Dad enjoyed this as a young fan— What a treat!  I was born in Pittsburgh, but I’ll never forget watching on tv the phenomenal ‘88 Kirk Gibson moment as a little girl with my Dad, who shared his love of the Dodgers with me.  I wish my Dad was still alive today, so that I could share and go to games with him.  I’ve lived in So Cal for about 10 years now, and the 2017 WS got both my Mom and I into sharing the games together.  In 2018, I became a very diehard fan, watching as many games from home as possible.  For the 2018 WS, I actually accidentally hit the “buy now” button for 2 tickets on StubHub.  It was the best (and very pricey) mistake I’ve ever made, and it was my first time to the beautiful Dodger Stadium.   I took a dear friend, and I’ll never forget it.  My Dad went with me in my heart.  I can’t wait to go back!  I love the Dodgers with all my heart and soul and am a fan for life now!  I don’t know what I would do without Dodgers baseball in my life.

• melisa-w

June 11, 2019 at 9:41 pm

I grew up watching Dodgers baseball with my grandma and my mom. I’ve been watching since I was born. When my boys win, I win and I celebrate with them no matter where I am. When we lose, my heart breaks with theirs but I will love them forever. I will ALWAYS be a Dodgers fan and can’t wait to see what we do in the future. I’m proud of them and proud to be a fan of them as well! #GoDodgers #LABleedsBlue 💙

• daisy

June 11, 2019 at 9:43 pm

I can’t remember a time I wasn’t a Dodgers fan and spent most of my childhood convinced Valenzuela was a family member (because the side of my family that had that last name told me these things). Loving the Blue runs in my family and has ever since my grandparents came to this country. So even though discovering Valenzuela may not actually be my uncle saddened me, the Dodgers will always be my number one. Baseball was the only sport I truly LOVED as a kid and is still my favorite.

• gloria

June 11, 2019 at 10:00 pm

I have been a fan for 45 years.  My father would take us kids (a family of 6).  My mom was a fan because her father loved the Dodgers and listened to Jaime Jarrin….my brothers and I stuck to Vin Scully.  I now take grandkids to the game, and it’s such a joy to watch them be excited and engaged in the game.  It truly is a family affair.

• michael-r-cesena

June 11, 2019 at 10:02 pm

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Growing up in sourthen California I loved attending baseball games, unfortunately for me I lived in the Inland Empire so I went to more Angel games than Dodger games. Luckily my parents took me to the freeway series every year and this started my love for the boys in blue.  With this new love for thinking blue I spent my spring and fall nights in elementary school listening to beloved Vin Scully as I did my nightly homework on the floor in front of the TV.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>Over the years I enjoyed many great games but I will say that some of my faborite experiences we’re watching Steve finely walkoff via a grandslam on the last game of year to send the dodgers into playoffs as NL West champs with Mom as she waited patiently for the TV.  This is followed by scrambling to buy playoff tickets to watch my favorite player at the time Jose Lima pitch a Divsion series win. Now living in the bay I am back to being unable to attend dodger games as much as I would like but being blessed by another dodger annoucer I can enjoy listening to all season long at night as I sit in front of my tv.</p>

• sabrina

June 11, 2019 at 10:07 pm

I’m only 16, but I’m a huge fan . It sometimes sucks because nobody at my school or anyone that I know are fans like me , so we can’t talk about it. I became a dodger fan , I guess you could say when I was months old . My parents took me to my first game at around 5 months. I played tball and little league baseball. I used to watch the games every now and then when I was young, but around age 12 is when I got really in depth. My parents were getting divorced and I had a lot of other bad shit just going on in my life . I began to watch the games everyday and being hella involved with the team and news and shit overall. As I’m typing this, I’m currently watching the game. I never miss them and if I can’t watch them , I Have my mlb app duh. Point is, the Dodgers were something that helped me get through really hard parts of my life and they are now a huge part of my life too . I love this team with my whole heart . It’s honestly crazy how much they affect my moods and me overall. But yeah GO DODGERS !

• mike-madsen

June 17, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Way to go Sabrina!!

• mark

June 17, 2019 at 9:33 pm

💪

• mad4max

June 11, 2019 at 10:22 pm

I became a fan after being in a team called the dodgers. This was back in 1976 when I was 8 years old. I saw how upset it made my mom that I was a dodger ( my family are all giants fans) so that made me love them more. Been a fan ever since. It was so hard living in the Bay Area as a dodgers fan. But, because of that, I can handle hate and jealousy from any other fan base.

• jamaal-artis

June 11, 2019 at 10:52 pm

I grew up 10 minutes from Dodger Stadium, it was the cheapest ticket in town and an easy way for my mother and father to keep me entertained during the summer for a few hours…I’ve been a fan for 30+ years I don’t know what it’s like not to go to a Dodgers game, it started with my parents, then it became a date night activity with my wife, and now I take my kids to games there just isn’t a better place to be from April to October in LA.

• jeanne

June 12, 2019 at 1:55 am

I became a Dodgers fan when I was a little girl mostly because of my dad. He grew up going to games. My mom went to a few growing up, too. My dad saw Fernando Valenzuela pitch his first game in person. How cool is that?! But anyway, my dad’s brother is also a HUGE Dodgers fan, and so is his son. My oldest brother loves the Dodgers almost as much as me. Lol! It just runs in the family, and I’m happy to say that my son is a Dodgers fan. I told him he can choose which teams he wants to cheer for, and he chose well. Lol!  If I win the gift card, I’m going to make a lifetime dream come true and go to a game at Dodger Stadium!!! Go Dodgers!!! ⚾️💙

• mckenna

June 12, 2019 at 4:51 am

I was born in Arizona in 1997, I grew up in a small town outside of Sedona called Cottonwood. My father had been a Dodgers fan since he was 7 growing up in Flagstaff, Arizona. After my little sister was born in 1999, we started going to Diamondbacks games almost every weekend. Chase Field (back then it was BOB) was about 2 hours away from our small town so going to baseball games was a huge deal. Having a team in Arizona was so exciting at first, especially with their World Series win in 2001. I was a huge Randy Johnson fan, I would paint his number 51 on my face every game he pitched. But when he left the D-Backs around 2004/2005, I didn’t want to watch the Diamondbacks anymore. That’s when I started paying attention to my dad watching his Dodger games. Over the years he taught me the game and he would tell me stories of the times he would go watch the Dodgers when he was stationed in San Diego or how he was there the night Orel Hershiser broke the record for most scoreless innings pitched. Dodger baseball has always kept my dad and I very close. I’m 21 now and all of my favorite memories from growing up have been going to Dodger games, whether they’re playing here in AZ, or if we’ve traveled to see them play somewhere else.

• lindsey

June 12, 2019 at 6:48 am

I have been a fan ever since we visited LA on a family trip many years ago and one of the first stops we made was to a game at Dodger stadium. From the iconic Dodger dogs we ate to the new t-shirt I took home with me as a souvenir that featured my new favorite logo I was a dedicated fan going forward.

Once home from the trip I have continued to followed my chosen teams progress even to this day almost two decades later and attended a few games since that original day my fandom began. I am not exactly sure what it was that made me choose to adopt a team on the opposite side of the country as my own but I am proud to be a Dodger fan.

• Anonymous

June 12, 2019 at 10:55 am

I became a fan of the Dodgers in the 1990s when my dad started taking me to games when I was young. My dad was one of the first LA Dodgers fans when the team moved out in the 1950s, so he told me stories of every Dodgers legend and has seen it all. I remember Eric Gagne being the starting pitcher for the Dodgers and unfortunately the Cardinals ended up winning. That was my first game. Players like Shawn Green and Paul Lo Duca made it fun to watch, even though they weren’t a great team yet. 2004 became a special season because the Dodgers put together a roster that went on a special run and was capped off by a Steve Finley walkoff grand slam. I’ve become a very passionate Dodgers fan because I see every year this team plays with heart and will give it their all win or lose. We have the best fans in MLB and a stadium that breathes classic baseball. Vin Scully made every game entertaining, I don’t care if others felt the games were too long. I will always be a Dodger fan.

• mino1

June 12, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Ok…so it was about two months ago! There is something magic about this team, this moment, this year. There is a special feeling surrounding Bellinger. Watching him feels like history is being made, like the early years of Tiger or MJ. This his team has helped me fall in love with baseball again. Proud to be a fan of the game…proud to be a dodger!!

• kevinj

June 13, 2019 at 6:58 am

How I became a dodgers fan was a real simple one I heard  Vin Scully  on the radio and fell in love with the team and went to my first game  in 1977 with my family and have rooted for the dodgers and only the dodgers ever since. vin scully made me a fan on the team and of him of course too.

• mfnjr

June 13, 2019 at 10:37 am

This town is a great place to be a “homer.”  And that’s what I am.  In my house we root for the Lakers, the Kings, the Sparx, the Galaxy, the Rams, and of course, the Dodgers!

Somewhere, there are pictures of me running around the apartment when I was 3 years old with a Dodgers commemorative bat.  The stories say that I would use it to wake up the household with a knock on the head.  Yup, small wooden bats are good for many things!

The Dodgers have always been a presence in my life and they always will be.  Cheers!

• infield-fly-girl

June 14, 2019 at 8:34 am

My dad’s family were staunch Brooklyn Dodgers fans. When the Dodgers left NY for LA, the team was *d e a d t o t h e m*. Like, my dad (born in 59) could change the subject of any conversation in his home growing up by saying “So, how ’bout the Dodgers?”

So for most of my life I was specifically *NOT* a Dodgers fan. We were lukewarm Mets fans, then after I moved to Florida I watched the Cubs on WGN and mostly followed a bunch of minor league teams and went to Rays games when I could get free tickets. Then I married a big Cubs fan in 2007 and fell in love with Kosuke Fukudome and Carlos Zambrano in 2008, and now that’s my main team.

A year ago I moved to Oregon and am happy to claim West Coast, Best Coast. I do believe in rooting for a home team, and since San Francisco is blacked out, I figured, why not revisit Grandpa’s old team?<p></p>

Turns out Dodgers Twitter as a community is fun as hell.
    And they as a team are super fun in the dugout
    And the players are good at baseball

So I’m proud to call myself a lifelong not-at-all-bandwagon Dodgers fan as of pretty much the moment I drafted Rich Hill to my fantasy league.

Go Dodgers!

`the other teams could really make trouble for us if they win'

• jeff-j-snider

June 14, 2019 at 9:16 am

My dad was born and raised in La Puente. He was 5 when the Dodgers came to L.A., and his whole family became Dodger fans except his older brother, who had already chosen Willie Mays as his favorite player during the 1954 World Series. My uncle is still a Giants fan, but everyone else in the family (including the Giants fan’s kids) bleeds Dodger Blue.

The year I was born (1977), the Dodgers lost to the Yankees in the World Series. My parents had been married for four years, and that was the year my mom got into baseball. They lost to the Yankees again the next year, then got their revenge three years later. The first season I really remember is 1985, and I still cringe when I hear Tom Niedenfuer’s name.

I was 11 in 1988, a great age for your favorite team to win the World Series. I always dreamed of having season tickets, but we were poor growing up. We went to one or two games a year, and we always made sure to go on beach towel night because then we saved money on buying towels for our house. When I was 35, I was finally in a position to buy season tickets, except for the silly obstacle that I lived 700 miles from Dodger Stadium. But I didn’t let that stop me, and now I’m in my seventh season as a season ticket holder.

You know that little tickle in your brain when you hear your name that makes you think, “Hey, that’s me!” I get that same feeling when I hear the word “Dodgers.”

• jeffrey

June 14, 2019 at 11:49 am

My dad’s family is from Burbank California. I grew up with all my baby photo’s in Dodgers onesies, and listened to my dad telling me about Gibby’s WS walk-off shot every week.  I have a big family but the Dodgers is the one team that all of us come together and root for nad bond together.  I can’t imagine ever not being a fan of the Dodgers.  I’m heading down to LA next week actually to catch a couple games, I can’t wait!

• nate

June 15, 2019 at 5:24 am

As a young kid in the 60’s, the Dodgers were the only team my dad could get on the radio in southern Utah. He would hide the radio under his pillow and pretend to sleep while listening to Vin every night. Fast forward to my childhood in the early 2000’s and I often found myself pretending to be asleep on school nights in order to watch or listen to the Boys in Blue.

My father is a man of few words and showing of affection (not that I’ve ever doubted his affection for me). Watching and talking about the Dodgers with him and my brothers were some of the greatest bonding times for our family. Ultimately, the bond with my father and my brothers as a result of watching and talking about the Boys in Blue have solidified my love for the team more than any win or championship ever will. That being said, let’s freaking win a championship pls.

• mark

June 15, 2019 at 11:38 am

Born in 79, as soon as I had memory I can remember the voice of Vin Scully through my dad’s AM radio. I always knew that the TV volume must be turned all the way down and the AM radio was on the coffee table in front of us nice and loud. I learned to love and appreciate all of baseball because of Vin. Not just a Dodger fan wearing blinders. At the age of 7 I tried Little League Baseball in Claremont (At the time Mark McGwire and Mike Scioscia lived in the city) I was terrible, the worst on the team, I had zero of the 5 tools.  My best memory was at the end of the season Mike Scioscia came to Round Table Pizza to our team’s trophy handouts. With my “Most Improved” trophy and an 8×10 glossy photo of Mike Scioscia in hand he was nice enough to sign my photo and take a picture with me. I told him I would be a Dodger fan for life! Years later I recall the 1988 World Series win as one of the greatest events I have ever experienced. I was a big fan of Orel Hershiser and how dominant he was. I love to share my fandom with my family and friends. I have met so many great people going to games and fan events. I love growing my Dodger family.

I will always Bleed Blue.  Go Dodgers!

Mark Cummings

• donald

June 15, 2019 at 5:01 pm

1971 when i could follow and play some form of baseball. I am named after Don Drysdale, became a fan through family tradition. Loved Ron Cey and Steve Garvey as Garvey became my 1st baseman role model as a kid. Don Sutton as a pitcher. It runs 3 generations since the move to LA in 1958. Always a great feeling watching the team and even better when they are winning…..

• amanda

June 15, 2019 at 7:43 pm

I like to consider myself a newer Dodger fan. I never really paid much attention to the Dodgers before since I’m an east coast fan. To set up my story, a friend who loved chase utley told me about him. at the time chase was playing for the Phillies so I became a fan of the Phillies. A few years into that Chase was traded to LA and I found myself staying up late to watch him play. I slowly started learning more about the team and by the next season I considered myself a fan of the team. I looked forward to tuning into the games and listening to Vin do play by play. It no longer mattered to me if Chase was playing, I found myself cheering for everyone. long story short chase as everyone knows retired after last season but I’m still here cheering on the boys

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now