Home Forums Fan Forum Try to win with the farm? Or sell the farm and guarantee a championship?

• Try to win with the farm? Or sell the farm and guarantee a championship?

dodgeryard created 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • dodgeryard

September 4, 2019 at 5:25 pm

There’s always the argument between fans whether or not a team should sell their prospects or keep them and try to win. Every organization does it differently. But we want to know what you would do if the decision were up to you.

Would you sell the farm and guarantee a championship for your team? Or would you rather hold onto the players you helped develop and that the fan base has become attached to for a chance to win a championship?

Let us know in the comments how you’d handle this!

• i_am_tired_

September 4, 2019 at 5:42 pm

I’d rather keep our farm players because I think it means more. If we win it all with guys that have been apart of our organization for a while. To me, it would just mean more. Let’s say if we would’ve won the World Series in 2017 after trading for Darvish. People would’ve said that we “bought our World Series”. They can’t say that if our champions are home grown.

• jack-delperdang

September 4, 2019 at 6:07 pm

I would never “sell the farm” because that means that you are closing your window to win a championship but if you can enhance your roster by making good solid moves and trading away prospects I would do it

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now