Home Forums Fan Forum Trade possibilities

• Trade possibilities

chad-adams created 4 months, 3 weeks ago 8 Members · 22 Posts
  • chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 1:19 am

how do we feel about the Dodgers pursuing bats in Anthony Rendon or Howie Kendrick?? speculated that the front office is looking for a bat

bleeding blue

• thomas-westrup

June 25, 2019 at 3:17 am

I’d rather it be Rendon over Howie. Now who do we give up? Barnes and a bunch of farm hands? Kiebert Ruiz? Garlick? Obviously not Smith. Wait?!?! We need arms in the bully more. Ugh. It’s hard being a an imaginary GM.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 6:48 am

hey would’ve responded earlier but I couldn’t get the mobile version of this working.

I think it might be a big league player, just cause the cinci the dodgers received some prospects and the last couple seasons the front office has used prospects for trades and I’m unsure the farm is as plentiful as it was in the past.

bleeding blue

• hey_itsjuls

June 25, 2019 at 3:48 am

Say we get Rendon, what happens to Turner? You want to take away his bat? Rendon can play second, but that takes away Muncy too. Unless these guys become platoon players, which has been said most of them don’t like. A bullpen arm is definitely what we need. Our offense has the highest run differential in the MLB. We can’t expect these guys to score 6+ runs every game, it’s on our bullpen to hold a lead.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 6:54 am

I don’t think a bat gets lost, with the dodgers history we are hard pressed to have a vet stay healthy hence why so many prospects get called up and its where we are now. But for Rendon’s name to have popped up probably suggest the FO believes he is agile enough to get spot starts at short or second. What information they have to suggest that is beyond me.

bleeding blue

• todd

June 27, 2019 at 11:32 am

Doesn’t pitching get credit for the highest run differential in the MLB as well?

• thomas-westrup

June 25, 2019 at 7:25 am

Rendon would play second and Muncy would play first, but then Joc is the odd man out. Chad, you’re freaking me out talking about trading a Big Leaguer. Who?  Obviously Barnes is the one I would have the least sorrow seeing go, but after that….it becomes painful.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 7:31 am

I mean Joc has platooned for a while so it only makes the most sense. But yeah the Cinci trade was a big one just cause the FO got assests they wanted and finally got rid of Puig.

I’m no Puig hater but he defiantly burned a lot of bridges.

bleeding blue

• hey_itsjuls

June 25, 2019 at 12:03 pm

I don’t see them taking Joc out with how hard they are trying to keep him in the lineup by putting him at 1B now.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Could be setting the value of Joc to be hire, cause right now the Dodgers have Muncy, Belli, Freese, and Beaty who have all played first. Maybe adding that versatility could help with a trade later on. Or hell Freese could be on that line too tbh.

bleeding blue

• i_am_tired_

June 25, 2019 at 6:14 pm

I could see them going more toward Kendrick. Cause doesn’t Rendon play 3B??? What would that mean for Turner?? Kendrick would play 2B, Muncy moves 1B, and Joc would be a bench player I guess. I don’t know how to feel about that. Especially after they spent all this time talking about Joc playing 1B a lot more.

• jack-delperdang

June 25, 2019 at 6:19 pm

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

I could see them going more toward Kendrick. Cause doesn’t Rendon play 3B??? What would that mean for Turner?? Kendrick would play 2B, Muncy moves 1B, and Joc would be a bench player I guess. I don’t know how to feel about that. Especially after they spent all this time talking about Joc playing 1B a lot more.

Rendon plays 2nd and 3rd</p>

• jack-delperdang

June 25, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Of the 2 I would say get Rendon because he can play either 2nd or 3rd if Turner or Muncy is dinged up or even just needs a day off

• i_am_tired_

June 25, 2019 at 6:18 pm

So we should trade away good players for someone who would only start if one of our players gets injured?? I don’t think that’s a good idea. Let’s be real I’d rather see them trade for a RP. Sean Doolittle, Will Smith (Giants), Brad Hand. Someone good to help Jansen and Baez out.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 7:52 pm

I understand what you’re saying but I can see the FO looking at Taylor and Hernandez and thinking about wanting more production than what they’re doing. Plus Rendon would probably come cheaper cause the Nationals would want players for next season not prospects.

bleeding blue

• jessica

June 25, 2019 at 11:09 pm

I mean don’t get me wrong Rendon is good. But the bullpen needs a few arms for those days that maybe one of guys doesn’t have it or needs rest. I’ve been a huge Sean Doolittle fan since his Oakland days. He’s my favorite non Dodger. And Honeycutt can take a guy like Doolittle and make him better.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Bullpen is a big problem but with Kelly getting that huge contract idk if the front office would want another big name it would be someone smaller and under the radar. Plus the front office has traded within reason and Doolittle market price could get stupid high.

bleeding blue

• i_am_tired_

June 25, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Ok still….

• hey_itsjuls

June 25, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Isn’t Rendon an everyday player? You think he would be cool with being a half bench player and half at 2B or 3B when needed? Yeah, Jocs value goes up by playing 1B, but I see them keeping his bat over Kiké or Taylor, who both will be riding the bench more than Joc.

• chad-adams

June 25, 2019 at 11:22 pm

He is an everyday player but you’d have Rendon go from the least analytical team to a team that would constantly crunch numbers for the best of his production. Probably would be Kike or Taylor riding pine who knows what is gonna happen or who will get hot at the right time. Rendon being a rental could help his case for a huge contract for next season since he’s a free agent as long as his head isn’t as up his own ass like Machado.

I mean we could talk about the 2nd basemen from the Royals Whit Merrifield but that would mean prospects which isn’t as plentiful as in recent years.

bleeding blue

• i_am_tired_

June 25, 2019 at 11:25 pm

I agree. I don’t Rendon would be cool with becoming a bench player.

• scottwarner18

July 14, 2019 at 12:57 pm

We just need a stronger bullpen in my opinion.  Lets make this happen.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now