Home Forums Fan Forum Should the Dodgers try someone different batting leadoff?

• Should the Dodgers try someone different batting leadoff?

MidWestDodger updated 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 9 Posts
  • konu

January 23, 2020 at 8:47 am

The last few seasons Joc Pederson has been the Dodgers lead off hitter, while i do enjoy the leadoff homeruns should the dodgers look for someone who gets on base more? 

Joc Pederson’s average OBP the last 2 seasons has been .333 which isn’t great for a leadoff hitter. Maybe the Dodgers could try someone like Gavin Lux, his OBP in the minors was .383 so he gets on base and has more speed than Joc does. Possibly Alex verdugo permitted he’s healthy enough could do the job. Verdugo brings energy, his OBP in the minors was .368 far better than Joc plus Dugie is more of a contact hitter. Corey Seager leading off? As impatient as Corey can be he still gets on base at a .362 clip and getting on base is a very important step. Hitting Joc lower, in theory should turn his solo homeruns into ones with people on base. 

so Dodger fans, who should bat leadoff? Should they stick with Joc, or try someone else? and if they should try someone else, who would you recommend?

• i_am_tired_

January 23, 2020 at 10:18 am

If Joc doesn’t hit in the leadoff spot. Where would you put him in the lineup? You can’t put him in spots 2-4 because of Seager, Turner, Bellinger and Muncy. I think he should stay as our leadoff hitter. Although his OPS is not that good. It just makes sense too me.

• konu

January 23, 2020 at 11:24 am

I would bat Joc 6th. While Lux and Verdugo are young I like their potential there with the OBP and speed. Joc’s all or nothing style would benefit in this position

• i_am_tired_

January 23, 2020 at 11:27 am

I feel like Verdugo shouldn’t been leadoff. Since he is more of a contact hitter. He should be used we men are on base. I feel like Lux would be a good fit for a leadoff hitter.

• MidWestDodger

January 23, 2020 at 12:35 pm

That’s where I’m the opposite. In this lineup with the 2-3-4-5 hitters being so good I want a guy who gets on base with regularity to bat leadoff 

• i_am_tired_

January 23, 2020 at 12:35 pm

So who would you put as the leadoff hitter? I think Joc should stay

• konu

January 23, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Lux should lead off for the OBP potential and the speed. plus he led off in Triple-A so he has experience there

• i_am_tired_

January 23, 2020 at 12:37 pm

True. I wouldn’t mind Lux leading off but I disagree with Verdugo. I’d only be okay with Joc or Lux leading off.

• MidWestDodger

January 23, 2020 at 12:43 pm

I like Lux leading off. Verdugo maybe like 7-8 in the lineup 

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now