Home Forums Fan Forum Should Gonsolin be a reliever or a starter in the playoffs?

• Should Gonsolin be a reliever or a starter in the playoffs?

i_am_tired_ created 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • i_am_tired_

August 6, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Tony Gonsolin’s debut at Dodgers Stadium last night was amazing to watch. He went 6 solid innings, No runs 7K’s, 1BB, only allowed 2 hits and got his first career win. Now with all that being said. I don’t think he should be a starter if he makes our playoff roster. He should be a reliever. Cause we have Buehler, Ryu, Kershaw, and Hill when he’s fully heathy. I think our 5th pitcher would be Urias, Stripling or even Dustin May if he can prove that he belongs on that playoff roster. What do you think? If he makes the playoff roster should Gonsolin be a starter or reliever?

• jack-delperdang

August 6, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Definitely think Gonsolin, May and Urías are relievers for this postseasons. Starters are Ryu, then Kershaw/Buehler and Hill. Even if Hill isn’t built up to go long I think you start him and hope he can give 3 innings maybe then Gonsolin 2-3 then bullpen. I don’t like the idea of a rookie starting game 4 on the road but I’d be fine with him out of the pen

• its_ash

August 6, 2019 at 6:37 pm

I agree with Jack. Starters are definitely Ryu, Kershaw, Buehler, and I’d piggyback Hill/Gonsolin. I don’t think Hill will be able to go more than 4 innings after being out this long. That’ll leave Urias, May for the pen. Along with Baez, Kelly, Sadler, Kolarek, maybe Floro, and Jansen, we’re stacked.

• jack-delperdang

August 6, 2019 at 6:44 pm

I would substitute Maeda for Floro but then I completely agree

• hey_itsjuls

August 7, 2019 at 2:07 am

Definitely would do Maeda over Floro forsure. Either way, our pitching is going to look really good in the post season.

• i_am_tired_

August 7, 2019 at 3:36 pm

It’s going to be really good!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now