Home Forums Fan Forum Pollock is a 2020 breakout candidate in my opinion

Tagged: , , ,

• Pollock is a 2020 breakout candidate in my opinion

John updated 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • John

March 22, 2020 at 3:53 pm

After the 2018 season the Dodgers decided to add to the outfield by signing AJ Pollock to a 4 year 55 million dollar deal with a 10 million dollar option for the 5th. Personally I think Pollock has shown a lot of promise and has at times been the hottest hitter in baseball. A big factor in Pollock’s success is his health. A healthy Pollock is a dangerous one and one that opposing clubs should fear. AJ could break out in a major way with the Dodgers this year if he can stay healthy. There were times when Pollock was the key hitter in a lineup, and then there were days he struggled. Pollock’s less than impressive 2019 postseason definitely wasn’t ideal but things should be different this year. This year AJ is healthy and should be solid at the plate. In 2015 AJ Pollock was an all star and I think he has a good chance of having that type of season again. Pollock has clearly said he doesn’t want to be platooned but with the Dodgers depth it seems to be a timeshare with him and Joc. Even with being a platoon player AJ will still get his chances to shine, I mean Joc had 36 home runs against right handed pitching, so AJ could do the same against left handed pitching. The main question with AJ is health, as I have mentioned when AJ is healthy he’s as good as anybody, but he does have a history with injuries that seem to hold him back from playing a full season. I’m hoping that we can get a full season out Pollock and see what he is capable of doing. Before the hiatus I was liking what I saw from Pollock, at least in the spring games that I was able to see him in. Pollock was making a lot of hard contact just right at guys. Pollock also seemed to be struggling with the strikeouts which isn’t ideal but I think he would have figured it out. I think Pollock has a real chance to do well this year. I can see him making the necessary adjustments to swing at pitches in the zone especially with teammates like Max Muncy and Justin Turner that Pollock can get advice from. Defense is also something that Pollock could improve on especially in left, and I say he will. At the end of the season I think it will have ended pretty well for Pollock and we’ll hope he has a chance to have a solid postseason and world series.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now