Home Forums Fan Forum My thoughts on the news about the 2017 Astros

• My thoughts on the news about the 2017 Astros

i_am_tired_ updated 3 days, 19 hours ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • i_am_tired_

January 13, 2020 at 4:33 pm

So the “punishments” came out today for the cheating 2017 Houston Astros. Their manger AJ Hinch and General manager Jeff Luhnow we’re both suspended for 1 year from the MLB without pay (both were recently fired by the Astros). Their 1st and 2nd round draft picks from 2020 and 2021 were taken away. And the organization got a fine of $5M.

Now, in my opinion this is a pathetic and a stupid punishment for a team that cheated and stole a World Series title. They beat a Dodgers team that on paper was clearly the better team. That 2017 Dodgers team was better in every way. We had the better starting lineup, bench players, starting rotation, bullpen and a better manager The MLB is being so easy on the Astros. They should’ve stripped their 2017 World Series title and all the rings to the players away. Also, the players involved should’ve been dealt with.

I would be willing to bet that if the Dodgers would have cheated in 2017 and won a World Series. Our World Series trophy would’ve been taken away from us immediately. I just think that the MLB handled this entire situation horribly wrong.

Please let me know how you think about this and how you feel knowing that we were cheated out of a World Series championship?

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now