Home Forums Fan Forum My Starting Rotation: Buehler. Kershaw. Price. Urías. May.

• My Starting Rotation: Buehler. Kershaw. Price. Urías. May.

MidWestDodger updated 1 week, 1 day ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Shark

February 14, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Kershaw as your #2 starter?!?

Crazy to think, huh? For a seven-year run (2011-2017), Clayton Kershaw was undoubtedly the best starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. In three of those years, he was awarded the NL Cy Young Award. In four, he led the Majors in Lowest ERA Allowed. He made the All-Star team last year and finished with a 3.03 ERA. However, it’s a new decade and a new sheriff’s in town in regards to dominance as a starting pitcher. 2019 NLDS Game 1 starter Walker Buehler should be the Opening Day starter and carry the torch as the Dodgers’ new ace. Last October he gave up 1 earned run in 12.2 innings pitched. To me, that’s all that needs to be stated. The dude is a gamer and should challenge Kershaw’s franchise-record of 8 straight opening-day starts.

So then we slide in Kershaw at the number 2. But who follows? I think the easy answer is David Price. Just acquired along with Mookie Betts, Price is a solid number 3 option. He had a rough 2019, in which he had a 4.28 ERA and only 22 starts. His strikeouts per 9 innings, though, was at 10.7. That was a career-high and signifies he still has stuff that misses bats. I think he will benefit greatly moving from the AL East to the NL West. Health is key for David Price to succeed

So for the last two spots, things get tricky. I think we (as in the Dodgers) have 5 legitimate pitchers who can fill those holes. Julio Urías, Dustin May, Alex Wood, Jimmy Nelson, Tony Gonsolin. Anything can happen over the next month and a half so there’s a faint possibility these guys might actually make up our rotation. *Knocks on wood*. Barring disaster, though, Julio Urías and Dustin May should be given the ball before the rest. On most teams these guys are number 2 or 3 starters.

Urías had a legitimate case to be starting until his domestic violence arrest/suspension. I was real disappointed to learn Urías engaged in such disgusting acts, but the fact is the guy’s still on our team and he can pitch. I hope he’s still doing his part to grow from that experience. I think if he’s able to do that, along with improving on a season in which he had a 2.49 ERA in 79.2 IP, he’ll probably leapfrog Price AND Kershaw in the rotation.

Gingergaard. Man, I swear the future’s bright for this kid. I was able to see him make his Dodger debut last year against the Padres and you can feel the potential. You can feel the thrill of the crowd knowing that we got a great one. I think May impressed in the postseason and I think he will do more of the same in spring training.

Dave Roberts is gonna have a hard time telling Alex Wood, Jimmy Nelson, and Tony Gonsolin they’re going to be neeeded out of the bullpen. But if you were him, what would you do?

• MidWestDodger

February 14, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Buehler, Kershaw, Price, Wood and Urías to start the year for me

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now