News Feed Forums Fan Forum Justin Turner: Weekly Recap 7/24-7/31/2020

• Justin Turner: Weekly Recap 7/24-7/31/2020

IsaacAnguiano updated 1 week, 5 days ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • IsaacAnguiano

July 31, 2020 at 10:18 pm

We are now one week into the Major League Baseball season, and I couldn’t be happier to see our boys in blue back in action. I feel like our lineup is easily being talked about as one of the scariest in terms of the potential runs it could score on a nightly basis. We have huge names that have yet to find their groove, which I believe will in time they will. I am here to give you a weekly update on the man who covers the hot corner, and rakes like it’s yard work. Justin Turner.

Giants: In this opening series, JT looked very comfortable with his swing. The result of this was a series split, which was not ideal by any means (fans or players) but Turner was an extra base machine. In most of the games Justin had a double that would bring in a run or in the case of Opening Day, he got the game winning run batted in, without the ball leaving the infield.

Astros: A highly anticipated rematch of the 2017 World Series was on deck for a brief two game sweep of the Astros. In the first game saw Justin go 1-4 with a run batted in. The next day was an extra inning affair which did not see him get a hit in the 13 inning affair. JT ended up going 0-5 with no hits or no runs batted in. This also saw him leave three men on base as well. Yikes!

Diamondbacks: It is back to a division rival, and Arizona is now the current destination. In last night’s game Turner had four at bats with two walks and a RBI. In tonight’s game JT goes 0-4 no hits, 2 strikeouts, and a costly error that contributed to the tying run in the bottom of the eighth. The Diamondbacks came back to win 5-3, from down 3-1. Man, this game can be very brutal.

I’ll be here every week, and I will chronicle what happens with Turner the rest of the season. I will see you then.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now