News Feed Forums Fan Forum Games Are Getting Affected

• Games Are Getting Affected

DodgerDog updated 5 months ago 8 Members · 15 Posts
  • DodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 12:15 pm

The A’s vs Giant’s game for March 24th was just canceled due to the corona virus, you guys think anymore games are gonna be altered/cancelled? Can baseball continue with this epidemic scare?

Will the virus prevent you from going to games??

• This discussion was modified 5 months ago by  DodgerDog.

bleeding blue

• samscherer

March 11, 2020 at 12:48 pm

I hope the Dodger don’t cancel any of their games! I would think that they would just bar fans from attending first, but that would suck, especially with how fun the team is gonna be this year…

• i_am_tired_

March 11, 2020 at 12:48 pm

I see Opening Days getting cancelled and possibly not allowing fans to go to games until April or even possibly May.

• DodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 1:02 pm

The offseason feels so long, to return in May might kill me before the virus does.

bleeding blue

• i_am_tired_

March 11, 2020 at 1:04 pm

But realistically I see the MLB just not allowing fans to go to games.

• DodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 1:07 pm

I know the Dodgers economically can handle playing in an empty stadium. Curious how smaller markets will fare.

It’s a scary thought.

bleeding blue

• konu

March 11, 2020 at 12:49 pm

I think games will be altered, still iffy on the cancellation part. As far as going to the games, if allowed I will still attend

• Randi

March 11, 2020 at 12:50 pm

I think we’ll see most games either get cancelled or played without many fans which is a huge loss for baseball since its already struggling with its fandom after the Astros cheating scandal.

Personally, I would still attend games if we were allowed to. Not because I don’t believe this is serious but because it just means that much to me that I wouldn’t want to miss out on being at Opening Day. I would just take extra precautions at the game to stay safe.

• DodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 12:59 pm

To cancel most of the games will be wild, I wonder if there is a person out there that can break down the revenue loss. Cause if it’s happening in the majors its bound to happen in the minors as well.

bleeding blue

• Roach

March 11, 2020 at 1:37 pm

I heard that the King County where the Mariners play has cancelled any events holding more man 250 people. In other words, The Mariners home opener should be safe since they only generate 13 fans a game

• IsaacAnguiano

March 11, 2020 at 1:39 pm

No it would not prevent me from going to games. I honestly refuse to live in fear in any aspect of my life, pandemic or not.

• DodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 5:24 pm

Merica!

bleeding blue

• TheLADodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 4:52 pm

Looks like my reply was omitted:

Being that Santa Clara County and Seattle have already forced their teams to cancel or hold games without fans in the stands, It may be inevitable.

I’m a season ticket holder, I plan on being at every home game they let me attend.

• DodgerDog

March 11, 2020 at 5:23 pm

It wasn’t ommited it was put up in another spot.

bleeding blue

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now