News Feed Forums Fan Forum Dodgers Potential Opening Day Lineup

• Dodgers Potential Opening Day Lineup

MidWestDodger updated 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • Randi

March 11, 2020 at 4:45 pm

The Giants announced today that Johnny Cueto will be their starter for Opening Day. Now that we know who will be on the mound for the Giants let’s take a look at what the lineup could be on Opening Day.

Betts RF

Muncy 1B

Turner 3B

Bellinger CF

Seager SS

Joc LF

Smith C

Lux 2B

Kershaw P

With Cueto being a right-handed pitcher, the Dodgers will stack all of their lefties in the lineup. Joc and Seager could be swapped, and the same could be said for Lux and Smith, but I thought throwing Smith in there after Joc breaks up the left-handed bats in the lineup for later pitching changes. I have Muncy in the two spot behind Betts because I believe Muncy is looked at more of a threat right now than Seager.

There is also the chance Lux begins the season in the minors. I’m not so sure about that happening yet, so I have him slated as our second baseman. Now, if he starts in the minors, then we’ll see a couple of changes to the lineup. But until we hear that he’s been sent back to minor league camp, this is the lineup I’m sticking with.

Anyways who knows I could be totally off or right on. Either way, I’d love to know what you guys think and what changes you would make if you don’t agree!

• i_am_tired_

March 11, 2020 at 5:08 pm

I would swap Joc and Seager but its a pretty good guess for OD.

• MidWestDodger

March 11, 2020 at 5:12 pm

I don’t think you’re far off but I think Roberts goes with Joc at leadoff. I 100% would disagree but I think he will. So I think his lineup is Joc, Betts, Muncy, Turner, Bellinger, Seager, Smith, Lux, Kershaw

My lineup is Betts, Muncy, Turner, Bellinger, Joc, Seager, Smith, Lux, Kershaw

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now