Home Forums Fan Forum Dodgers, did you see the sign in Boston?

• Dodgers, did you see the sign in Boston?

hey_itsjuls created 4 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 13 Posts
  • hey_itsjuls

July 12, 2019 at 1:19 pm

Have you seen the new sign a restaurant in Boston put up ? Does it bother you? Is it equivalent to our “Go Get it it of the Oceab shirts? For me personally, our shirts were indirect digs at the giants, where as this is a straight in the Dodgers face. I find it to be above the norm for baseball trash talk. 023EB233-0B38-4115-9544-BCDB97FA10DD

• jack-delperdang

July 12, 2019 at 1:45 pm

To me it’s like this: Boston won the WS so they can do whatever they want to their city and it won’t bother me. I love this type of stuff, it’s what makes sports fun. Rivalries and trash talk are fun. If you can’t handle it coming back at you then don’t give it. It’s that simple. If you love it when our players/fans show emotion over something then you shouldn’t care when other teams/fanbases do it, because it’s the same thing. There’s a double standard

• hey_itsjuls

July 12, 2019 at 2:02 pm

You have a very valid point. I was all for the trash talk the Dodgers did against the Giants.

• jack-delperdang

July 12, 2019 at 3:21 pm

And to me this is just the same thing

• hey_itsjuls

July 12, 2019 at 3:56 pm

True. I just wasn’t expecting a direct “hey LA” type of trash talk, but I guess they aren’t subtle in Boston.

• chad-adams

July 12, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Dodgers should’ve won the World Series and this shit wouldn’t happen.

I’m not offended its clever, I hope our fans have thicker skin than for the sign to offend em.

bleeding blue

• hey_itsjuls

July 12, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Valid point. I just hope that when we finally win, none of our fan base does this.

• i_am_tired_

July 12, 2019 at 8:22 pm

I think they took it a bit too far. Although they have every right to do stuff like this since they won the WS last year. Also I feel like the “Hey LA” is directed to not just the dodgers but the entire Dodgers fan base and the city of LA….

• hey_itsjuls

July 12, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Oh, it is totally directed at the fan base. They knew a bunch of Dodgers fans were coming, ad this was a reminder that we lost to them last year.

• i_am_tired_

July 12, 2019 at 8:32 pm

I mean the Astros didn’t do anything like this but we didn’t play in Houston since so…..

• dodgerfan66

July 12, 2019 at 9:47 pm

This is what makes the game fun. Pretty brave, however, when they went FOREVER without a title (86 YEARS)! How soon they forget. Trash talking is just that. “Those who know dont talk…and those who talk dont know.” Let’s just smile and get the next one.

• hey_itsjuls

July 12, 2019 at 11:44 pm

You are ABSOLUTELY right!

• i_am_tired_

July 13, 2019 at 12:34 am

Agreed!!!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now