Home Forums Fan Forum DODGERS 2020 60-MAN ROSTER

• DODGERS 2020 60-MAN ROSTER

Tavi updated 1 week, 2 days ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • Tavi

June 28, 2020 at 4:13 pm

The Dodgers have released their 60 man (well, 51 man) roster. Here’a a look at what we can expect from the Boys in Blue.

Pitchers (28):

STARTERS*

Walker Buehler

Clayton Kershaw (L)

David Price (L)

Alex Wood (L)

Blake Treinen

STARTERS/RELIEVERS*

Dustin May

Ross Stripling

Tony Gonsolin

Julio Urías (L)

RELIEVERS*

Scott Alexander (L)

Pedro Báez

Caleb Ferguson (L)

Dylan Floro

Victor González (L)

Adam Kolarek (L)

Jimmy Nelson

Dennis Santana

Josh Sborz

Mitch White

CLOSERS*

Brusdar Graterol

Kenley Jansen

Joe Kelly

NON 40 MAN

Gerardo Carrillo

Josiah Gray

Michael Grove

Andre Jackson

Marshall Kasowski

Edwin Uceta

*divisions not noted by the Dodgers, these are my own groupings

THOUGHTS: No big surprises here, other than perhaps Mitch White, who after a round of injuries might have greatly benefitted from a few months of rest and rehab. That he’s on the 40 man over standout prospect Josiah Gray is a little surprising, but it might just be the Dodgers looking to the future and developing Gray’s arm just a little more before unleashing him on the world.

Catchers (5):

Austin Barnes

Keibert Ruiz

Will Smith

NON 40 MAN

Diego Cartaya

Rocky Gale

THOUGHTS: You know you were as disappointed not to see Russell Martin as I was. Glad to see Rocky Gale. I want to see much more of him after some impressive plays in Spring Training.

Infielders (7):

Matt Beaty

Gavin Lux

Max Muncy

Edwin Ríos

Corey Seager

Justin Turner

NON 40 MAN

Omar Estevez*

THOUGHTS: A little surprised at the lack of Tyler White, especially after the solid Spring Training performances he put in. Perhaps his ties with the infamous Astros cheating scandal was just too hard to overcome or staff thought his stats weren’t likely to last. Won’t lie, I was kinda hoping for a Tyler White redemption story. The real question is who will ultimately land at first or if the Dodgers will have another season with a revolving door. Muncy is likely, but I still want to see what he has to show us at second. Beaty and Ríos also spent a fair amount of time at first last season.

Outfielders (7):

Mookie Betts

Joc Pederson

DJ Peters

AJ Pollock

Luke Raley

NON 40 MAN

Zach Reks*

Cody Thomas*

THOUGHTS: Fear not, Cody Bellinger is still a Dodger! He’s just in the next list because of his excellence at first as well. Not gonna front: the idea of Cody Bellinger, Mookie Betts, and Cody Thomas in the outfield is shiver-inducing. Thomas hits left, but throws right, which makes him an excellent platoon option in Left Field. Lotta good bats in this stew.

Infielder/Outfielder (4):

Cody Bellinger

Kiké Hernandez

Zach McKinstry

Chris Taylor

THOUGHTS: Yes to all.

ADDENDUM: The Dodgers miiiiiight be looking at McKinstry to spell Turner at third. He’s on the record as a lover of playing shortstop, but he’s logged time at nearly every infield and outfield position. He’s another bats left/throws right player, so third could be a nice fit. With Cody Thomas and McKinstry, the future of the Dodger’s left field looks pretty, pretty good.

GENERAL THOUGHTS: There’s still nine slots left, so perhaps Tyler White does make it onto the field at some point. There’s also the possibility of Terrance Gore and his quick legs to pinch run in extra innings.

The most frustrating thing about reading this list for me is trying not to think about which of these players might get sick with a pandemic that’s causing diminished lung capacity, liver damage, and other not yet identified side effects of COVID-19. Yeah, it’s a downer thought, but Charlie Blackmon’s positive test results prove that big leaguers aren’t immune.

Still. Hope for the best, wear a mask when out in public and wash your damned hands.

Go Dodgers.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now