News Feed Forums Fan Forum Checking in on Justin Turner five games into spring

• Checking in on Justin Turner five games into spring

i_am_tired_ updated 5 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Randi

March 4, 2020 at 3:06 pm

With Justin Turner becoming a free agent at the end of the year, it’ll be interesting to see what kind of season he has. He has always been consistent as a Dodger, and losing someone like him could really be a difference-maker. Let’s take a look at his first five games in spring to see how things are starting for him.

In five games, Turner has had 14 plate appearances and four hits. He’s yet to hit a home run, but we all know by now that Turner starts to hit the long ball around May. He’s driven in two runs while also working three walks with no strikeouts. His slash line is an impressive .364/.500/.455 with an OPS of .995, which would easily be one of the best in baseball.

Of course, this is only Spring Training, and he’s bound to see much better pitching during the regular season. But even heading into his age 35 season, it looks like we can still expect to see the Justin Turner we’ve seen over the last few years. Whether or not his future includes the Dodgers remains to be seen. This is a contract year for Turner, so it wouldn’t shock me at all if we see him come out and put up one of his best seasons.

• i_am_tired_

March 4, 2020 at 4:14 pm

I completely agree! I see him having a big year

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now