Home Forums Fan Forum Carlos Correa: Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Carlos Correa: Once a cheater, always a cheater.

TheDodgersLife updated 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 3 Posts
  • smitty0808

February 15, 2020 at 10:47 am

A morning like this is what we all love to wake up to. A sit down interview with Mr. Carlos Correa. Ken Rosenthal, of The Athletic, recently had a sit-down interview with Carlos Correa of the Astros, in which Correa had some very choice words for Dodgers All-Star and MVP player Cody Bellinger. Let us take a deep dive into some of the quotes that Correa mentioned this morning.

Carlos Correa, who had publicly apologized for cheating, yes cheating has spoken his mind on Cody Bellinger. Yesterday at Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Arizona, Bellinger said “I thought Manfred’s punishment was weak, giving them immunity. I mean these guys were cheating for three years. I think what people don’t realize is Altuve stole an MVP from Judge in ’17. Everyone knows they stole the ring from us.” Carlos Correa had an interesting response to Bellinger saying “The problem I have is when players go out there and they don’t know the facts, they’re not informed about the situation and they just go out there and go on camera and just talk.” Speaking of course about Cody Bellinger of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Correa went on to say “So when (Bellinger) talks about that we cheated for three years, he either doesn’t know how to read, is bad at reading comprehension or is just not informed at all.”

This coming from a guy who had to use banging a trashcan to get an advantage. Bellinger spoke the truth and you could see the pain in his facial expressions when speaking about the scandal that potentially stole a championship from his arsenal. Bellinger along with many other players have been outright furious over this scandal. The fact that Correa decided to go after Bellinger and not a guy like Trevor Bauer who has been incredibly vocal about his stance on this situation shows the type of player and human being he is. Correa thinks cheating is fine and cheating is ok. Correa must also be very confused when he stated “The commissioner’s report clearly says that all those activities were conducted in 2017. 2018, nothing happened. 2019, nothing happened.” Ken Rosenthal quickly responded in correcting Correa by saying “In 2018, it did say you guys did things.”

Correa, who must be extremely delusional about what is cheating and what is not cheating, truly believes that he did not cheat in the 2018 and/or 2019 baseball seasons. Correa also backed his little buddy Jose Altuve by saying, “He didn’t cheat nobody of the MVP. He earned that MVP. He’s a six-time all-star, three-time batting champion, MVP, five-time Silver Slugger. He’s been doing this for a long time.” Correa also mentioned that Altuve “Would get mad” and “Played the game clean.” I am sorry Carlos, but nobody believes you.

Carlos Correa is exactly what the Houston Astros want in a player. He is someone who doesn’t see the truth, doesn’t play the game with integrity and dignity and does exactly what their sad human being of an owner Jim Crane wants them to do. Correa is nothing more than a puppet in a show with Jim Crane being the puppet master. This is a franchise who had 1 month to prepare an apology and what we got a few days ago is what they came up with? What a joke, and what an insult to baseball, it’s players, it’s fans and its owners.

When addressing the 2017 World Series, Rosenthal asks Correa “So you guys did not have their signs?” Correa responded with “No, no. I’m telling you, World Series games are too important to use easy signs. There are Morse codes out there. There are signs that nobody can get. There are so many variations you can use, and nobody can get that.” Correa also went into details about specific games and at-bats during the World Series along with saying “When you look at the World Series, they left so many guys on base in Game 7, throughout the whole World Series. Cody didn’t have a good World Series (Bellinger went 4-for-28, with all of the hits going for extra bases). For him to be talking about us stealing that championship, don’t talk about it. You should not be talking about it. You should have done something about it. When you analyze the games, we won fair and square. We earned that championship.”

For Correa, earning a championship is different in his eyes than it is in the eyes of most competitors. Correa thinks they truly played the game clean and banging on trash cans, sign stealing and other technology advanced methods is a clean way to “Earn that Championship.” In a world, and let me go off-topic real quickly here, where Manchester City (A professional soccer team) was just banned for 2 years and fined a massive amount of money for serious breaches” of Uefa’s club licensing and financial fair play regulations, what does the MLB do? Rob Manfred allows this team, this team of cheaters to play baseball, to keep that fake trophy in their case and to sweep it all under the rug. Take a look Rob, do the right thing. Major League Baseball needs to march into Houston and take that trophy out of their case and vacate that title for the year of 2017. Houston did not earn a single thing, the only thing they earned was the right to be called cheaters for the remainder of their careers.

Carlos Correa, let me let you in on a little bit of information here, we all know you enjoy bashing things, you know like trash cans and the integrity of the game. Yeah, Cody Bellinger might have struggled in the World Series, but HIS MVP trophy is legit, HE earned that trophy and HE has the right to say whatever he feels because HE was not on the team that cheats. Carlos, keep believing that you are right and that you are a champion, you are the only one along with the rest of your cheating teammates that believe that. Karma comes around in many different situations and times and we will all see what becomes of your team this year. Enjoy that fake trophy, the tainted ring and all of your fabricated reasonings as to why you are a real champion.

I wanted to take a quick minute to thank Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic for being real and asking those tough questions and correcting Correa when he misspoke about the allegations. Ken is a true reporter, writer, and human being. I highly recommend anyone who hasn’t read the full article to please take a minute to read it, as Ken always displays professionalism in his pieces. I will end this article with the words of my title. Carlos Correa, Once a Cheater always a cheater. Fire Away, Friends.

• Shark

February 15, 2020 at 11:07 am

Haha love tha photo. Great read

• TheDodgersLife

February 16, 2020 at 10:40 am

Great read! Loved it! Correa is an idiot. These guys are going to hate their at bat experiences in 2020!Joy

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now