Home Forums Fan Forum A look back at Walker Buehler’s 16 K game

• A look back at Walker Buehler’s 16 K game

i_am_tired_ updated 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Post
  • i_am_tired_

March 24, 2020 at 6:12 pm

Since there is no baseball or any sports for a while. I wanted to talk about one of my favorite games of the Dodgers 2019 season.

The date is June 21st 2019 and the Los Angeles Dodgers are set to face off against the Colorado Rockies. Walker Buehler gets the start against Rockies pitcher German Marquez. Buehler was heading into the game with a 7-1 record on the season and is on a 3 game win streak. Marquez on the season was 7-3 and was 2-1 in his three previous starts.

After the first 3 innings the score is 1-0 Dodgers thanks to a sac-fly from Chris Taylor. Walker Buehler had thrown 38 pitches, 6 Ks, and didn’t allow anyone on base. He was perfect through 3 innings. In the 4th inning Buehler got the first two batters out. Then, came up Rockies All-Star third baseman Nolan Arenado. Arenado hits a solo shot to tie up the game 1-1. A solo shot from Cody Bellinger in the bottom of that same inning would give the Dodgers the lead again.

After 7 innings, the game is tied 2-2. Rockies tied the game back up after a solo shot from Charlie Blackmon in the 6th inning. Through 7 solid innings Walker Buehler had 12 Ks, 0 BB, and only 2 hits both were solo HRs.

8th inning is quickly ended for Buehler only needing 8 pitches to record 3 outs. While also picking up his 13th K of the night.

Walker Buehler is headed out for the 9th inning with 96 pitches already thrown. Buehler gets strikeout number 14 on 6 pitches. Next batter is Charlie Blackmon who hits a single into RF. David Dahl and Nolan Arenado are the next two batters. Buehler strikeouts Dahl swinging on there straight strikes. 15 Ks in the game for Walker Buehler. The only player that stands in his way of a 16 strikeout night is All-Star Nolan Arenado.

The count is 1-2 and Arenado seems like he is swinging for a HR to give the Rockies the lead. Walker throws a high 97 MPH fastball at shoulder height that would be his 16th strikeout of the game. Dodgers would walk-off that game in the bottom of the 9th due to a Matt Beaty 2-run HR which also gave Buehler the win he deserved to get.

Was this best pitching single game performance by a Dodgers pitcher in 2019?

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now